Derris is a full-service brand strategy and communications agency headquartered in New York City. We think before we act, and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris is seeking a passionate, self-starter to join the company as an Account Coordinator. Working with our Brand Strategy & Lifestyle division, you will have the opportunity to work across various teams and learn from some of the best in the industry. Our clients span across various industries including: finance, start-ups, media, tech, healthcare, real estate, sports, fashion, beauty, food, health and wellness, non-profit and crisis.
- Respond to all requests for information from your teammates, clients, and other employees in a respectful, timely, and professional way.
- Responsible for coordinating with other peers within client accounts, as well as account counterparts, with the utmost professionalism.
- Coordinate all team and client meetings as assigned including scheduling, room setup, agendas, and other tasks as needed.
- Create and maintain media lists, coverage reports, and conduct media searches and research for client projects.
- Proofread and edit internal and external documents as assigned.
- Maintain records and organized files of all supporting materials for the team’s needs.
- Create weekly and monthly status reports for your team members.
- Daily media monitoring of your assigned accounts.
- Research and identify upcoming events that your client and team members should be aware of for reasons such as: problems, conflicts, and opportunities.
- Maintain organized files for your team and clients including mailing lists, contact sheets, and trade publications.
- Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports.
- Last but not least, you are always learning about the media landscape, reading different outlets, and familiarizing yourself within industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and overall communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple assignments and client accounts.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented, showing that you can manage competing priorities and your time properly.
- Exhibit a positive, can-do, and solutions oriented attitude.
- Embody Derris’ core values: the team comes first, think big and work smart, be respectful, and have fun.
Benefits of Working for Derris
Our office is located in the Flatiron district and is an easy commute from most train lines. We work in a beautiful, open space with natural light and communal working areas that provide access to all levels of the organization. A cornerstone of our company is culture and we place a huge emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We offer top-notch benefits and perks.
Derris provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.